BLAST! Babysitting Certification
Course Length: 5.0 to 6.0 hours; class size limited to 10 per session.
Certification: American Academy of Pediatrics Certificate of BLAST course completion.
Click here for course dates and tickets, or, you may purchase a private course, by appointment, by purchasing a pass below:
The BLAST! program is designed to be fun, exciting and interactive while providing babysitters all the tools necessary to be effective and dynamic babysitters. The class provides extensive training in pediatric first aid, household safety, and the fundamentals of childcare. Course fees include a full color easy to follow booklet and certificate of completion.
- Are You Ready to Care for Children?
- Sitter Qualities
- Be Prepared to Answer Questions
- Be a Good Guest!
- As They Grow: Ages and Stages
- Before Saying “Yes” to a Job
- A Few Important Points
- When a Stranger Calls
- House Rules and Routines
- Safety Rules
First Aid: What to Do for an Injured or Sick Child
- Bottle Feeding
- Burping a Baby
- Spoon-Feeding Baby/Toddler
- Preparing for Bed
- Behavioral Problems
- Sitter Checklist
First Aid Kit/Supplies
- What is not an Emergency?
- What is an Emergency?
- Calling 911 for Help
- Rescue Breathing and CPR: Child (ages 1-8 years)
- Choking: Child (ages 1-8 years)
- Rescue Breathing and CPR: Infant (less than 1 year old)
- Choking: Infant (less than 1 year old)
- Bleeding and Shock
- Bone, Joint, and Muscle Injuries
- Breathing Difficulty
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Animal Bite
- Eye Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Insect Stings
- Tooth Knocked Out
- Games and Songs
- Sitter Busy Bag